Wow. That's all I can say about the way I am feeling this morning.
Do you know that for most of my life I have felt like a sock is stuffed down my throat and I can't speak. Like the thoughts are there but there are so many fears around what people will think and if speaking my truth will offend people or make them uncomfortable or heaven forbid I don't show up as nice all the time.
Last year I went through the experience of cancer because of the emotions I was stuffing. You'd think that experience would have completely changed me, and it for sure DID create major shifts in me, BUT I have continued to not show up in my full voice and power because of the fear that I will lose. Fear that I might lose relationships, lose opportunities, or lose respect.
What I am finding is the exact opposite and that is what I want to share with you today.
In the past week I have had 4 major opportunities to use my voice, speak my truth, and show up as authentically me. I expressed to a man my physical boundaries and created even deeper connection and respect with him. I expressed an idea and helped a family member execute it to empower him to see how he can create outcomes and results in his life!
I expressed with a business associate my authentic truth and created trust and connection and authenticity. I connected with a friend to express the possibilities I see in her and the ways she has changed and empowered my life and how I get to show up and take a stand for her as an amazing friend and woman.
Life is happening all around us.
Every second of every day we get to decide if we are going to live in it and take committed action in making a difference in this world or if we are going to be inconsequential in creating meaning for others and ourselves.
One of the most impactful things we can do is use our voice to create change. And for most of us, that is one of the simplest things we can do, though sometimes it can seem like the hardest thing.
It doesn't have to be.
What have you been dying to say? Who have you been wanting to connect with? What assumptions are you making about what people are thinking or will think? What aren't you saying that could have the potential to literally save someone's life?
Who do you want to be in this world? What do you want to create?
When we use our voice and speak our truth and show up for the people in our lives, we gain respect. We gain trust. We create connection and genuine love. We develop confidence and power and strength in who we are.
And we create change for people. Individual people that make up our incredible world.
And it takes COURAGE. And out of courage, confidence is born.
So how do you step into using your voice? Below are 6 steps to start creating within yourself the power to feel worthy to be seen and HEARD. >>>>>>
- Tune in. Make time to listen to your deepest needs. - What matters to you? What are your values? What makes you happy? What do you need to feel worthy and of value? What are you boundaries?
- Establish trust with yourself. - Be honest with yourself when you're tuning in. You develop trust with yourself the same way you develop trust with others. By staying true to what you say and what you think and living in integrity.
- Know and care for all the parts of yourself. - Take the time to really get to know yourself and dive in DEEP. When you scratch the surface with others do you create genuine connection? No. Connect to yourself.
- Get seen. - Put yourself out there. Take risks. Get messy. Be okay with making mistakes.
- Find a partner in this journey that can support you. - Support = Success. Enroll others in standing for you.
- Start now. - There is no time like the present to make a difference. Also.... real life moment. I went to the doctor for 3 years waiting for them to tell me I had thyroid issues because I knew I was struggling with my voice. Don't wait for the physical symptoms to present themselves, you get to determine your future by how you choose to show up NOW.