HELLO EVERYONE!! IT is JUNE! Can you believe it? Because I sure freakin' can't. Where is this year going? It seems that time is turning at the speed of light these days! With so much going on and time speeding by so fast it can begin to feel like there is no way to accomplish all the things you want to do and that nagging hopeless feeling of "why even try?" can begin to set in.
This is why planning and visualizing the future is SO POWERFUL.
May cast a little bit of a dry spell on my motivation level. Not quite sure why. Emotionally drained? Physically drained? Stress overload? Could be any or all of those things and I'm sure you can relate. So last night I spent a couple hours planning out the next few months, as well as setting my financial and life goals for the next year and my motivation dry spell is over!
Planning makes me so PUMPED!
"Planning is bringing the future into the present you so you can do something about it now." -Alan Lakein
Everything starts with a thought first. Nothing just happens on its own so... that means that failing to plan, failing to think about what you want to happen, means it most likely will not come to pass. You can't just wish something to happen and then wait for it to come. While I am a number one believer in the power of the mind, as well as serendipitous events, nothing actually happens without planning and working for it first.
Tips for Powerful Planning
1. Begin with the end in mind. - Determine the destination and then work backward to form a clear road of how to get there.
2. Create actionable STEPS. - Break it down as small as you need to in order to avoid overwhelm and create inner motivation.
3. Be realistic. - Know yourself well enough so you know what you can accomplish in 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year.
4. Learn. - Do the necessary work to know HOW to do the thing you are wanting to accomplish. Read books. Interview people that are doing it. Youtube it (I mean, what isn't on there?!)
5. Know your values. Know your priorities. Plan accordingly.
"You can't have a plan for your day until you have a plan for your life." - Tony Robbins
6. Write it down. - Statistics show you become 42% more likely to achieve your goals and dreams, simply by writing them down on a regular basis.
7. Start anyway. - Poop always hits the fan as soon as you begin something worthwhile. Don't let it stop you.
8. Stop thinking and start doing. - Get out of your head and BEGIN ALREADY!
9. Believe in yourself. - We tend to overestimate what we can do in a single day and underestimate what we can do in a lifetime. Keep going.
10. Follow Through. - The price of not following through is your confidence. Have integrity with yourself and get her done!