Happy Monday (barely) wonderful people! Time for the Monday Show Yourself Some Love Sesh Number 4!
Today I want to let you in on a secret about me... I am not a morning person. Anyone else?? I can stay up and function until 3:00 in the morning, but can't seem to wake up before 7:00 am on any given day no matter how early I actually DO go to bed.
And it's not because I am not excited to get up and live the new day of my amazing life. I truly am, I just kind of like my bed a lot and my bed really likes me too.
Regardless of how much my bed loves me I KNOW that successful people wake up early and take care of the most important things in their day first and that this is a super important part of self-care.
So.... I have been doing some research and I am committed to changing my morning habits to equal success! I want to share what I've learned with you and recruit anyone who would like to join me on this path to higher daily fulfillment!
7 Steps to Morning Mastery Mindset Routine
- Night before: charge phone downstairs so it is not in my bedroom
- Hence, unavailable to waste mindless time during the most productive time of the day.
- Wake up
- 6:30 (or an hour and a half before you need to start getting ready for the day)
- Try to go to bed the night before at a time that will allow your body to wake up naturally at this time.
- Morning Pages
- 3-page free write. This practice literally changes my life. It gives me the opportunity to get whatever emotions I may be holding inside out onto the page and out of my headspace. It helps me to see things clearly and think logically.
- 10-minute meditation practice. (I use an app called Headspace. It is free. GET. IT. Meditation is changing my life. More on this in the weeks to come...)
- Morning Prayer
- Whether you're spiritual or not, take some time every morning to express gratitude for your life and envision what you can do to make the day ahead of you the best. day. ever.
- Morning Walk
- Give your mind some free-time. Allow your brain to just be. To wander. To think. The most successful people do this because giving your brain time to think gets the creative juices flowing and helps you solve any problem you may be facing.
- 30 before 7:30
- Take 30 minutes to get some work done that is just for you. Whether you have a business, want to read a fun book, do some yoga. Whatever your priority for the day is, take care of it now!
I am so excited to see how making these changes improves my mental and emotional states of daily living. And one more thing I wanted to mention is that I have been reading about habits and that it really is quite easy to change a habit when you focus on ONE habit at a time. I immediately thought about this morning routine I am wanting to implement and realized that the reason I am not doing it is because it is 7 steps and is so OVERWHELMING so therefore I lay in bed.
SO.... my resolve is to set ONE keystone goal... which is to get out of bed when my alarm goes off. If I can accomplish that ONE goal the rest will follow! See how easy it can be! :) If you'd like to follow along with us as we strive for higher mindset and living click the link below to join our free facebook community of positive wonderful women empowering one another to be better.